Part-Time Paralegal/Administrative Assistant
Duties and Responsibilities
- To assist the principal firm attorney in monitoring and maintaining firm caseload.
- All aspects of electronic discovery, including the ability to manage documents reviews and productions, i.e., loading and coding documents, bates numbering logging productions, and searching for documents in case screening databases.
- Filing and serving motions, briefs, exhibits, appendices, and other documents in state and federal courts.
- Setting up, organizing, and maintaining files and internal case databases.
- Drafting discovery responses, research, pleadings and other relevant documents for attorney review and case preparation.
- Preparing notebooks for hearings, depositions, and trial preparation.
- Preparing and coordinating service of subpoenas.
- Basic legal and internet research, including culling relevant information from a variety of resources.
- Calendaring and tracking case deadlines.
- Communicate with law firm clients.
- General case and legal issue research.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or Paralegal Certificate required. Minimum 1-years hands-on experience in Federal and State Courts.
- Knowledge of motions, discovery, evidence, federal and state court rules and procedures.
- Excellent writing and interpersonal communications skills.
- Strong project management skills with attention to detail and deadlines
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize project requirements.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
Please submit your resume for consideration.